Skip to Content
Home>
Resident > Council and Democracy > Agenda and minutes

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Ysgol Maes Garmon, Conway Street, Mold, CH7 1JB

Contact: Jan Kelly / 01352 702301  Email: janet.kelly@flintshire.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

8.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

VB opened the meeting with a question as to who is the elected vice chair of the meeting. Delyth McIntyre has resigned her position. Cllr Chris Bithell was proposed and seconded as chair of the meeting. It was agreed that the meeting was quorate as one third of the filled posts were represented (vacant posts can be disregarded for this calculation).

 

The meeting wished to pass comment to Delyth McIntyre to say that she will be missed and to thank her for her outstanding contribution to SACRE. Action: VB will write to her on behalf of the group.

 

Chair requested that name plates be used at the next meeting. Action: VB to action.

 

9.

Declarations of Interest: Code of Local Government Conduct

Members are reminded that they must declare the existence and nature of their declared personal interests. 

Minutes:

CB advised the group that he is a member of the Church in Wales

 

10.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 71 KB

To approve and sign as a correct record the minutes of the last meeting.

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 10 October 2018 were submitted.

Matters arising:

 

Page 4 – VB has the Draft Flintshire SACRE Annual Report 2017-18 and will circulate

 

Page 5 – WASACRE Minutes have not been included with the notice of the meeting. For information these are available on the WASACRE website here http://www.wasacre.org.uk/meetings.html

 

11.

Revised Terms of Reference for Approval pdf icon PDF 223 KB

Minutes:

VB advised of all sections that have been amended following revision. Chair raised concerns over representation.  

Action: VB to follow up the request for nominations.

 

The moving of the meeting from pm to 4pm needs to be brought to the attention of school representatives.

Action: To be made clear when minutes and agenda circulated.

 

Page 7 - Corrections were provided as to the correct names for the Religious Denominations to be represented.

Action: VB to get clarity on the correct titles.

 

Page 10 – (j) a copy of the annual report to be sent to WASACRE by 13December.

Action: VB to follow up

 

Page 10 – 5.2 Amend to Chief Officer of Education.

Action: VB to amend.

 

With the above amendments the revised Terms of Reference were unanimously agreed.

 

12.

Analysis of Inspection Reports

To receive a report at the meeting by Vicky Barlow, Senior Manager for School Improvement, Education and Youth Portfolio.

Minutes:

VB summarised inspection reports. Advised the group that, when schools are exemplifying to Estyn it would be good practice if they could use Religious Education examples. SACRE agreed to work on this.

 

JA commented on Ewloe Green CP’s exemplary Estyn report which should be noted and the school written to congratulate them.

Action: VB to write on SACRE’s behalf.

 

13.

New Curriculum for Wales - National Consultation

To receive an overview of the Welsh Government Consultation on the White Paper which sets out proposals for the legislation required and is open for consultation from 28th January to 22nd March 2019.

Minutes:

VB provided a summary of the consultation document and encouraged members to read in full. 

Action: Comments for consultation to be drafted by VB on behalf of SACRE particularly in relation to questions 9 – 13.

 

14.

WASACRE

·         To receive the minutes of the last meeting of the Association on 20th November 2018.

 

·         To agree attendance at the next WASACRE meeting on 26th March 2019.

Minutes:

Attendance at the next WASACRE meeting in Cardiff on 26 March 2019 was discussed however no one is available to attend. VB will see if she is able ti attended on behalf of SACRE.

 

The Summer Term meeting will be held in Conwy and attendance will be discussed.

 

15.

Future Meetings

The next meeting will be held at 2pm on Wednesday, 12th June 2019.

Minutes:

The new meeting time of 4pm needs to be stressed to teacher representatives. Action: GJ will raise this at Religious Education Forum

 

Wednesday 12 June 2019 – 4pm - venue TBC

 

Meeting ended 5:30pm

 

Related Pages

Useful Websites

Useful Documents