MTFS & Budget Setting 2023-24 (Stage 2) (S&HC OSC)
Decision Maker: Social & Health Care Overview & Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
That the Committee reviews and comments on the
cost pressures and overall budget strategy, and advises on any
areas of cost efficiency it would like to see explored
Exclusion of the press and public was moved by Councillor Owen and seconded by Councillor Robert Davies.
A presentation was provided by the Chief Officer (Social Services) which covered the following areas:-
· Reminder of the Council’s Budget Position
· Social Services Cost Pressures
· Social Services Budget Reductions
· Social Services – Past Efficiencies
· Adult Social Care – Risk, Issues and Resilience
· Children’s Services – Risk, Issues and Resilience
· Safeguarding and Commissioning – Risk, Issues and Resilience
· Out of County Cost Pressure
· Budget Procedure – Stage 2
· Budget Procedure – Stage 3 (Final)
Following the presentation, officers responded to questions raised by Members.
The recommendations in the report were moved by Councillor Mackie and seconded by Councillor Owen.
(a) That the Social Care portfolios cost pressures be noted;
(b) That the Social Care portfolios options to reduce budgets be noted; and
(c) That the Committee advises on any areas of cost efficiency it believes should be explored further.
Report author: Gary Ferguson
Publication date: 17/03/2023
Date of decision: 08/12/2022
Decided at meeting: 08/12/2022 - Social & Health Care Overview & Scrutiny Committee