Issue - meetings
Communal Heating Charges
Meeting: 17/06/2014 - Cabinet (Item 19)
19 Communal Heating Charges PDF 41 KB
A detailed in the recommendation.
The Cabinet Member for Housing sought approval of the proposed heating charges to the communal HRA properties in 2014/15.
On 21 May 2013 Cabinet agreed to spread the 2013/14 heating increase over two years. Tenants paid 75% of the recommended increase from October 2013 and the remaining 25% to be applied in July 2014 in addition to any inflationary increase to bring charges up to the recommended level. The phasing of those charges over two years meant that tenants would incur an additional charge of £0.68 on average on top of the standard inflationary increase in 2014/15.
The heating rates for 2014/15 showed that Flintshire County Council would incur no inflationary increases to the current charges therefore it was proposed to only implement the agreed phases increase to tenants in July 2014. The table in 3.05 of the report set out the recommended heating charge increases for 2014/15 based on actual costs to the Council in 2013/14 and heating estimates for 2014/15.
The Cabinet Member for Waste Strategy, Public Protection and Leisure suggested that an advisory note be sent to tenants to advise them on being aware of the heating they used which was accepted by the Chief Officer, Community and Enterprise.
(a) That there will be no inflationary heating increases for 2014/15; and
(b) That the phased increase of heating charges to tenants takes place from July 2014.