Issue - meetings
Food Service Plan 2014-15
Meeting: 16/09/2014 - Cabinet (Item 56)
As detailed in the recommendation.
The Cabinet Member for Waste Strategy, Public Protection and Leisure introduced the Food Service Plan as per The Framework Agreement on Official Feed and Food Controls by Local Authorities (Amendment 5 April 2010).
Key achievement for 2013/14 were:
· The whole service was subject to a comprehensive 5 day audit by the Food Standards Agency Wales in October 2013 as a result of which, the FSA Wales identified a number of strengths of the Services, details of which were provided in the report
· Achieving 100% of all Food Hygiene, Food Standards and Feedstuffs High Risk Inspections
· Successful implementation of the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013, which came into force in November 2013
· Further development of cross-agency working with Natural Resources Wales and Wirral Council in relation to the Dee Estuary and shellfish industry
· Delivering Food Hygiene and Food Safety Management System Training in the medium of Cantonese for 100 food handlers
· The updating of the Feed Hygiene premises database
A full list of the targets for 2014/15 were detailed in the report.
That the Food Service Plan 2014/15 be approved.