Issue - meetings
Capital Programme 2018/19 (Month 9)
Meeting: 19/02/2019 - Cabinet (Item 316)
- Enc. 1 for Capital Programme 2018/19 (Month 9), item 316 PDF 58 KB
- Enc. 2 for Capital Programme 2018/19 (Month 9), item 316 PDF 102 KB
- Enc. 3 for Capital Programme 2018/19 (Month 9), item 316 PDF 70 KB
As detailed in the recommendations.
The Corporate Finance Manager introduced the Capital Programme 2018/19 (Month 9) report which summarised the changes made to the Capital Programme 2018/19 since it was set in February 2018 to the end of Month 9 (December 2018, along with expenditure to date and projected outturn.
The Capital Programme had seen a net increase of £0.903m during the period, which comprised of:
· Net increases in the programme of £3.133m (Council Fund £4.110m, Housing Revenue Account £0.977m); and
· Net Carry Forward to 2019/20, approved at Month 6 (£2.230m).
Actual expenditure was £41.316m.
The final outturn for 2017/18 was a minor funding deficit of £0.068m. There had been a number of capital receipts in year, a request for an additional allocation of £0.500m towards the relocation of services to Ty Dewi Sant and a small increase in capital funding announced in the Final Settlement. In addition, in November Welsh Government (WG) announced an additional £100m of capital funding spread across 2018/19 to 2020/21. All that together, taken with the original projected shortfall of £8.216m in the capital programme 2018/19 to 2020/21, put the current funding deficit for the three year period at £1.428m. That was in advance of any additional capital receipts or other funding being released.
(a) That the overall report be approved;
(b) That the carry forward adjustments be approved; and
(c) That the funding of the Schools Connectivity and Mount Pleasant Road layby be approved from the current Headroom provision.