Issue - meetings
Theatr Clwyd Business Plan 2019-2021
Meeting: 22/01/2019 - Cabinet (Item 292)
As detailed in the recommendation.
The Chief Executive introduced the Theatr Clwyd Business Plan 2019-2021 which required Cabinet approval. He commented on the excellent work undertaken at the Theatr which had undergone a sustained transformation. He invited Mr Liam Evans-Ford, Executive Director at Theatr Clwyd, to the meeting to present the Business Plan.
Mr Evans-Ford thanked Cabinet for the opportunity to present the Business Plan and said the mission of the Theatr was ‘Making the world a happier place, one moment at a time’. He provided information on the following:
· The continuation of the development of the family Christmas offer with their first Welsh language Christmas production;
· Winning the UK Theatre Award for Best Musical Production for The Assassination of Katie Hopkins;
· The three new Welsh language plays created and performed in the Roundabout Theatre on location in North Wales before being shared at the National Eisteddfod in Cardiff;
· Their TYFU programme which had continued to develop new apprentice positions in the workshop, creative engagement, catering and the lighting and sound team;
· The strong working partnership with Besi Cadwaladr University Health Board; and
· Employment of 85 full time equivalent core staff and over 115 casual staff employed over the last 12 months. Also 45 new volunteers which took the total volunteer number up to 150.
Councillor Shotton thanked Liam Evans-Ford for his presentation and commented on the visible positive differences at the Theatr which were impressive.
Councillor Jones paid tribute to the work undertaken at the Theatr with people with dementia which was invaluable for them and their carers.
As a member of the Board at Theatr Clwyd, Councillor Bithell also welcomed the report which had been presented and accepted at the last Board meeting. He said the Theatr reached out to communities across the County, offered a range of different programmes for different age groups, and provided an invaluable contribution to the local economy.
Councillor Mullin thanked Liam Evans-Ford and the team, on behalf of himself and Councillor Butler, for all of the work undertaken since the beginning of the transformation plan.
That the Theatr Clwyd Business Plan for 2019-21 be approved.