Issue - meetings
Council Plan 2019/20 - Part 2
Meeting: 16/07/2019 - Cabinet (Item 31)
As detailed in the recommendation, and including the amendments suggested at Corporate Resources Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
Councillor Mullin introduced the Council Plan 2019/20 – Part 2 which provided the mechanism to measure progress and achievement of the Council’s priorities in Part 1 of the Plan.
The Chief Officer (Governance) explained that Part 1 of the Plan had been approved by County Council in June 2019 and both parts of the Plan would be available on the Council’s website by the end of July as a more digitally accessible and graphical document.
Part 2 of the Plan had also been presented to Corporate Resources Overview and Scrutiny Committee the previous week, as the final document to be used by Overview and Scrutiny Committees to review progress in-year on a quarterly basis. The feedback from Corporate Resources Overview and Scrutiny Committee on how success and progress could be measured was as follows:
· Explanations to be provided on indicators that had been reduced;
· A full list of national accountability measures to be included;
· A workshop on social value to be organised;
· Content to be included on flexible funding and grants;
· Need to be more clear on benefit claims and what the Council was aiming to achieve;
· An explanation of Microcare;
· Information on technology for road maintenance; and
· More specific information on extra care and whether current demand would be met.
Councillor Thomas said it was important to capture the social value of the services provided by the Council.
That Part 2 of the Council Plan 2019/20 to support monitoring and assessment of the progress against the Council Plan Part 1 priorities be approved, including the amendments suggested at Corporate Resources Overview and Scrutiny Committee.