Issue - meetings
Capital Programme Monitoring 2018/19 (Outturn)
Meeting: 16/07/2019 - Cabinet (Item 40)
- Appendix A Capital Programme - Changes during 201819, item 40 PDF 12 KB
- Variances App B, item 40 PDF 41 KB
- Appendix C Investment in Towns, item 40 PDF 24 KB
As detailed in the recommendations.
The Corporate Finance Manager introduced the Capital Programme Monitoring 2018/19 (Outturn) report which summarised the changes made to the Capital Programme during the last quarter of 2018/19.
The Capital Programme had seen a net increase of £1.024m during the period which was comprised of:
· Net increases in the programme of £4.857m (Council Fund £4.792m and HRA £0.065m); and
· Net Carry Forward to 2019/20 of £3.833m, consisting of £1.815m (additional School Maintenance Grant (£2.043m) partially offset by a Carry Forward reversal of £0.025m.
Actual expenditure was £66.423m.
The final outturn for 2017/18 was a minor funding deficit of £0.068m. There had been a number of capital receipts in year and a small increase in capital funding announced in the Final Settlement. In addition, in November Welsh Government (WG) announced an additional £100m of capital funding spread across 2018/19 to 2020/21. Taken together, with an original projected shortfall of £8.216m in the capital programme 2018/29 to 2020/21 put the current funding deficit for the three year period at £1.187m.
(a) That the overall report be approved; and
(b) That the carry forward adjustments be approved.