Issue - meetings
Revised Environmental Enforcement Policy
Meeting: 17/12/2019 - Cabinet (Item 112)
As detailed in the recommendation.
Councillor Thomas introduced the Review of Environmental Enforcement Policy report, which provided a policy that had been reviewed to reflect the various changes, both to legislation and portfolio operating arrangements, since the policy was approved in 2013.
The main focus areas of the policy included:
· Waste management – including side waste enforcement and the appropriate use of the waste collection containers and returning bins after collections had been made;
· Commercial waste disposal;
· Fly tipping;
· Fly posting;
· Dog control orders;
· Stray dogs;
· Sites detrimental to the local amenity of an area;
· Statutory public health notices;
· Drinking control areas
· Abandoned vehicles
· Abandoned supermarket trolleys
· Obstruction on the public highway and right of way network;
· Mud or other obstruction on the public highway; and
· On-street and off-street parking offences.
That the revisions to the Council’s Environmental Enforcement Policy be approved.