By virtue of paragraph(s) 14 of Part 4 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
Explanation of Reasons
- By Virtue of Paragraph 14
Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
Information falling within paragraph 14 is not exempt information by virtue of that paragraph if it is required to be registered under —
- the Companies Act 1985;
- the Friendly Societies Act 1974;
- the Friendly Societies Act 1992;
- the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965 to 1978;
- the Building Societies Act 1986;or
- the Charities Act 1993.
Information which -
- (a) falls within any of paragraphs 12 to 15, 17 and 18 above; and
- (b) is not prevented from being exempt by virtue of the ‘qualifications’ above,
is exempt information if and so long, as in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Reason restricted justification
The public interest in withholding the information outweighs the interest in disclosing the information until such time as the commercial arrangements have been finalised.
Budd y cyhoedd mew natal y wybodaeth yn drech na’r buddiant wrth
ddatgelu’r wybodaeth nes bod y trefniadau masnachol wedi eu cwblhau.